Saturday, March 29, 2008

Anderson's Birthday Party



Techinically it is not Anderson's Birthday until Wednesday, but since our families are HUGE, we have to have 2 parties. So, today we had the Vanderwalker's over at the park for lunch and cake. Tim and I (with 20 nieces and nephews) have seen a lot of 1 year olds poking at cake in front of them, and to be honest, weren't going to do it because it always seems to be a bust. But we gave in, and Anderson was not messing around. His entire arms were completely covered in frosting, it was everywhere and then he got it on a few other people who were sitting by him. We had to strip him down, then he crawled, frosting and all, into the dirt. It was a mess. I should have brought the hose. It was fun though. The Coombs' will come over on his actual birthday for ice cream.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Anderson! His hair cut turned out really cute too.

Nicole Wynn said...

Happy Birthday Anderson!! I can't believe how time has flown by. So now that he's a big boy, is there talk of a sibling perhaps? Just kidding, I HATE THAT QUESTION! People still ask us, like were crazy enough to go through with it!

benandchayfuller said...

He does look like a mess, but hey what's a 1st birthday without a little cake on ya?! By the way I love the haircut!

Arnett's said...

Happy BIrthday! He is so cute! Um I had a dream with you guys in it last night. It was weird and all about a cool pair of glasses.

Chelsea said...

Happy early bday Anderson!!! I love first bday cake pics. They crack me up! I am glad he liked it! Both my boys were in heaven with their cakes.
So ya...when's the next one! Just kiddig! I am with Nicole...Mind your own darn business!! Are you ready for another c-section???!! Ahhhh!

Chantel said...

Happy Birthday. I love 1st birthday's.

Chelsea said...

Uhm....where was my reminder call last Monday night????!!!!! Thankfully I was browsing the channels tonight and saw that our friends were on!! It was great. Hope you saw it!

The Tate's said...

Happy Birthday Anderson tomorrow!! So big so fast...it is crazy! He is so cute...he really tore into his cake. They seriously never get as much in their mouths as they do on the rest of their body.

Alyssa said...

Hey, I know the Jones'. (Kristen) They were in my last ward. They live by me. Small world. You'l have to tell them the Edwards' said Hi.