Thursday, March 20, 2008

Projects Galore

Marci made me post pictures of all of the projects we have been doing around the house. I think for the most part we are DONE! Thank goodness because I might as well be sleeping with my sewing machine. We unfortunately don't have a covered patio, so the frame for this canopy was left here. It didn't have a cover, so we used a tarp and some painter's drop cloths to make this. This was one of the hardest projects ever. I'm so glad it's done.


This is our bedroom. I got the pillow fabric from wal-mart. The stripes were a valence that was on sale for $4 and the flower pillows are 2 napkins that were also $4. The throw was on clearance at Dillards for $12 (originally $49). Yes, I let whatever is on sale control the colors of my room. I don't mind. (maybe I should have just taken a picture of my reciepts...sorry)



We didn't like the old curtains so we took them down and made new ones.


These are the old ones. Sorry, I promise these are the last house pictures, because we are pretty much done! HOORAY! Now what do I do??



13 comments:

Nicole Wynn said...

Awesome job! Marci's right you should definetely post any accomplishments with a sewing machine. I don't even know how to turn one on!:) I'm just creative and crafty in other ways, I suppose.

The Tate's said...

Ok so now you can come to my house and do all that stuff to mine. Kami it looks so good. Napkins to pillows...they look so good I would have never thought to do that. Nice work I am sure it feels so nice to be done...for now.

Sarah W. said...

You are simply amazing. I love that you are crafty, artistic and frugal!!! I wish I was just a little bit creative. No wonder we haven't had recipe club. You have been one busy little bee.

Pepper Lovin! said...

Soo cute mrs. creativity. Now go to the park and have fun.

Rich Angie said...

Now you come to my house and decorate! You're so crafty...will you marry me?

Thanks for the good times today. Much fun!!

Chelsea said...

Kami....Everyone says to come to their house, but let's be serious...you know I need the most help so COME! :)
I love it all!! you are awesome!

Answer to your question for me when I am coming: end of may for Jillie's graduation! Scary that she is old huh! I want to stay for a week or so. So I will let you know what the real plan is when we figure it allout.
Happy Easter weekend! :)

Marci Coombs said...

Okay...LOVE it all. Seriously. I'll watch Anderson for a week if you come finish up all the projects that I've NEVER even started!

Nuestra Familia said...

WOW Kami, you are way good and talented, when are we going to play vball again, maybe soon since your projects are all done. cool blog

benandchayfuller said...

It all looks so good! I wish I had one ounce of the creativeness you have.

Joe and Laura said...

Kami I'm serious your house looks phenomenal, and it was so fun to hang out with you and the girls, let's not wait 6 mths for next time.

brooksybabe said...

Kami - your house is so cute. I know from experience.

jon♥kara said...

Wow your house looks great! I wish I had as much shopping and decorating talent, after three years our house is still pretty bare.

Anonymous said...

I think I am going to hire you!!! You are amazing. I love that you are domestically gifted AND you are super cool and fun. You don't always find those 2 traits combined:)