Sunday, March 9, 2008

I hate cars

Yesterday was the worst. We started out having to run a few errands, and enjoyed a nice breakfast while the oil got changed in the good old kia sephia (which has lasted me 8 years and has over 100,000 miles). Sure the inside is falling apart, the radio was stolen, and the dash lights don't work, but it runs. Well, they informed us of a few problems, which we had to drive across the valley to take it to the last place that worked on it, and it is the same. Then we had to get the oil changed in the other car, and were stranded, only to take a walk in some random neighborhood. A million errands later, and stressing about car stuff, I gave up. We are notorious for car trouble. The last car we had (it was Tim's when we met), we spent $8000 (that we didn't have) in TWO YEARS! I hate cars, I hate car mechanic places and I wish I could just ride a bike and strap Anderson to the back. By the way, don't mind the picture. I'm not sure what Anderson was doing to the dog's behind.


7 comments:

Sarah W. said...

Kami,

I hate cars too. We always had bad car problems. We would dump thousands of dollars into them and we would turn around and something else had to be done. No offense to any car mechanics out there, but I have yet to find one that I feel is totally honest. I was always sure that they would go under the hood and cut hoses and wires and mess everything up. I almost rather have a car payment every month, than dump money into a car. Sorry for the long comment, but I get fired up about cars. I was stranded in August with Emma as a brand new baby. I didn't have a cell phone and I had to walk to Hamilton high school with the baby carrier. BOO!!!

Anonymous said...

Cars can be a hassle sometimes. Don't you just love how the mechanics make it sound like if you leave and don't fix the things that are wrong it will blow up or something.

Pepper Lovin! said...

BUmmer I agree. the first person to invent an unbreakable car has my business. It is never the right time it costs soooo much and it's lame.

Nicole Wynn said...

Do you remember the volvo in highschool? I swear I put $300 every other month on that thing for something. Good thing I didn't have any other bills to pay at the time, right? I hate car problems especially since we only have the one family car!

BandHGardner said...

I HATE cars too. Brent and I are DREADING purchasing two in the next few months. We have loved not needing a car here in New York. We haven't missed it one bit!

Holly

The Tate's said...

Sorry about the car problems! I know when I walk into a car reapair shop I am their ideal costumer...I dont know a thing about cars and they could get me for all I am worth. But when we lived in AZ and had the mazda I found a really good place. The guy was completely honest he would tell me things that "could" be fixed but he would say it doesnt have to be done. So I cant remember the name (it starts with a V) but it is on Higley and Mekelps (sp?). But I hope the car troubles are over for you!

Chelsea said...

First things first: SORRY!! That ultimatley stinks. Hope it all works out soon. Now I have some random commments...Knock on wood the jeep has yet to cause us any trouble. But as for the stupid Intrepid!!!!!!!! Millions of dollars into that thing for sure. But boy was it fast and fit a billion people in it. Plus I had to make a car payment on it! What was I thinking?! Next, Was it Christa or Chay that thought that blinkers needed blinker fluid?! Love those girls! And Nicole's volvo may take the car trouble cake. I adided in her rescue during the summer at Carstens. And if it weren't 176 degrees out..I would say invest in a bike. But really, don't kill your poor guy!