Monday, June 1, 2009

Tim's Birthday


In Tim's family, everyone's birthday somehow connects to someone else's birthday. They are either on the same day in different months, or same day same month. For example, Tim's brothers have the same exact birthday but 2 years apart. And, their wives have the same exact birthday. So, when I met Tim and we started dating, one of the first things Tim's mom asked me is when my birthday was. I thought it was kinda a weird question at the time, but when I answered, Tim said, "Oh no". His is May 30th and mine is June 30th, so we fit the crazy birthday corresponding....which apparently meant we were suppossed to get married. Anyway, Tim's birthday was Saturday so we got "Birthday Donuts" at Krispy Kreme in the morning and hung out. Then Tim and I went out while Courtney watched the kids for us! It was the first time we had been out for a few months. New babies really kill those date nights. Sunday we had Tim's family over for brownies and homemade ice cream! I have the easiest recipe which requires NO COOKING on the stove. Its:
2 cups milk
2 cups half & half
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon vanilla
4 cups whipping cream
It was good!

3 comments:

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Hey Trip's bithday was May 30th too!! Your kids are getting so big and cute!!

Marci Coombs said...

Ummm...do you just shake it or what? Where have you been? I haven't been able to get ahold of you. I'm worried sick. Base?

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Kami's husband Tim :D. Kami I love your recipe. I'll be trying it tonight as soon as I get freezer bags to put the sandwich bags in.