Thursday, June 4, 2009

I'm Losing My Patience

I'm losing my patience very quickly with this little boy. In the last 2 days, he has dipped his head in the toilet TWICE, drank water from the toilet once, flushed crackers down the toilet, flushed a micro machines car down the toilet (I'm pretty sure, and it's clogged at this point), unlocked the front door and pushed the chair over to unhook the chain on the top of the door, come in with his mouth covered in diaper rash cream, and pushed the chair to the counter to eat many brownies out of the cookie jar. Not to mention I had to call poison control last week because he drank the ant bait that the pest control guy left in the window. All of this while his baby sister is eating. Throw in the occasional 2 year old temper tantrums and the summer heat trapping us inside and you get one impatient mom.

12 comments:

Nikki said...

Did I ever tell you about the time that Ethan escaped out the front door while I was nursing Caitlin? I didn't even know he was gone until some lady brought him back home. She found him at the mailbox! Our kids are about the same distance apart, so I completely know what you're going through. Good luck, and send Anderson over to play sometime.

Anonymous said...

Oh the things I'll have to look forward too. Though Aaron is starting to push buttons, it won't be too long before he's doing similar things. You can do it! Breath in and out :D.

tyandlinds said...

oh, man! what a goofball. that is why they are so cute, right?!

Rich Angie said...

dude, i feel for you. that does NOT sound fun!! maybe a provo girl's night will cheer you up...? ;)

Brooke said...

Awesome. All I can say is I feel your pain. . . and warn you wait until Minnie can be his accomplice in crime :) Get's fun!

Good news, they keep the days from being mundane, if you can call that good news.

Joe and Laura said...

So the day you guys came over, I swear I felt like I needed to pay more fast offerings, cause I'm lucky to have a chilled kid. Kami you're super woman, and if you ever happen to get made at him it's well deserved Andy, and it's his funeral, and his bad. You're such nice mom, I would of given Joe full custody a while ago, jk but not really.

Michael and Lindsey said...

I feel your pain, Kami! Two-year-old's are so stinkin' cute but they are so much work! Hang in there, and send him over to my house if you need a break!

Chelsea said...

Oh yikes! One month friend...and we'll be there to keep him tied down :)

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a little stinker. You sure make me want to have kids. Hahahaha. Good thing he is cute!

Unknown said...

Not saying I know anything about parenting but I used to have a toy bin that ONLY came out while I was nursing. My kids loved it and it kept them out of trouble. Hang in there!!!

brooksybabe said...

Wow! Looks like you need a trip to Provo. I will bring the water balloons.

Nuestra Familia said...

Crazy boy, but he looks like such an angel. Good luck, kids totally take advantage cause they know mom is busy with baby. That ice cream recipe sounds so good, I'm going to try it, thanks!