Wednesday, June 24, 2009

4th of July Dress

This is what 2 year old boredom brings...that and flushing a raquetball down the toilet. Luckily my little fingers and hands were the perfect size for fishing it out.



Sorry for the blurry picture but I caught Tim cutting Minnie's nails like that. He wasn't kidding I don't think.

Ok, this is not my idea, I've seen it on a few random blogs but, it's a little girls dress from 2 bandanas and some ribbon. It takes like 5 minutes and if you can sew a straight line, you can do it. These bandanas were from Target in the bins where stuff is a dollar. I cut them a bit smaller or else it would be way too long for Minnie. Not bad for 2 bucks. It's cute for the 4th of July and very light weight so she won't die of heat exhaustion.


It's so much better when they can sit or stand and you can take pictures of them. It's just not the same laying down.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the dress. The cute things we learn while surfing the bloghood. Thanks for the treats. It's ok if an actual visit isn't possible this weekend or next week. I still love my Visiting Teachers :D. I'll just see you gals for sure next month, and on Sunday of course.

Again I love the cute little dress. And what perfect time for the upcoming holiday.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

How cute. I want to know how to do it!! You know to make some for all those girls I don't have, but hope to have some day!! How do I learn?

The Varo's said...

Cute, cute dress!

{nicole coombs} said...

What a cute idea! If I ever get a baby girl I will just have to copy you! She is getting so big! I Love all her hair.

Chelsea said...

That is the cutest dress! I have only seen bandana pants. I way love the dress!!

I'm so impressed that Tim does her nails. I don't think...actually I KNOW that Cody has NEVER touched those things to the kids. And I would get so mad when they were tiny tiny and I'd clip their skin too and Cody would say to be more careful. Yet he'd never try.

Marci Coombs said...

I agree with Chelsea...Joe has NEVER ONCE clipped the kids nails. I want you to make me some bandana dresses for London. I'll pay you for em. Next time i'm at target I'll pick some up. They are SOOOO cute!!!! Love them!