Monday, February 1, 2010

Meltdown's Birthday

Today is my dad's Birthday. I have the best dad. He is the funniest man. I'm pretty sure half of my friends are only my friend because of my dad. My first day of seventh grade at Bogle Jr. High was my dad's first day as the Security Guard there. He still works there and is a local celebrity! Every time we go out, someone from school yells "Steve!" When I run into people I went to school with, the first thing they'll ask me is about my dad and if he still works at Bogle. I can remember being in my Jr. High PE class and seeing my dad army crawling on the football field trying to catch ditchers.

One of my favorite things to do when I was a kid was go get a "hit" (a Thirstbuster) and a treat with my dad at Kwik Stop. I find myself taking my kids to do the same thing. I remember my dad driving home from San Diego, then driving back the next day to watch me play in the semi-final and final games of my Basketball Tournament. Then turning around again and driving us home after we won that night. I know almost every song that is played on 94.5 because of my dad. I have been to more ASU games and more Suns games than I can count with him. I have so many fond memories of my dad. I'm so happy my kids are by their Grandpa and love to play with him and that they ask to go see Grandpa. Happy Birthday Meltdown!

This picture was taken Easter 2 years ago right before Anderson turned 1. I guess one of the perks of being a Jr. High security guard is the cool "bling" you find from kids.

2 comments:

Sarah W. said...

What a great tribute for a great dad. You sound like a big time "daddy's girl" like me. We just need our dads to stay healthy so they can be around for decades to come!

tyandlinds said...

so cute...