Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Busy Busy

It's official, we did our Give a Day Get a Day and it was soooo easy:) We went to MCC and "pruned the rose gardens" which means we pulled leaves off of the rose bushes for 2 hours. We got free donuts and were in and out in 2 hours. In the next couple of days we got an email that said we could print out our passes. So, on Monday, we are driving to California and going to Disneyland (all of us FREE) on Tuesday! Minnie gets to stay home with her Memere (Grandma) because she is officially no longer nursing (HALLELUAH).

On Friday Minnie turns 1! This was seriously the fastest year of all time for us. She is starting to walk pretty much all of the time right now and is starting to understand a lot more. She is also becoming a sneaky little thing. In true Vanderwalker fashion, I made my millionth call to Poison Control the other day. Anderson had a fever so I thought I was in the clear, since he was completely glued to the couch. I went upstairs and brushed my teeth and changed (which I NEVER do when Andy is awake and healthy) and when I came down stairs, I found Minnie with the reed diffuser dumped on the ground. Of course she smelled like the oil everywhere and her mouth also smelled like it. When I called (hopefully they don't keep track of the number of calls from one household) they said most of the oil contains alcohol so to watch her to see if she starts acting drunk. Thankfully she was fine. And she is now a permanent air freshener everywhere we go! I guess for once it wasn't Anderson being a stinker. Happy Birthday Minnie!


3 comments:

Laura said...

Have fun on your trip!!! what a great way to spend a day!!

Anonymous said...

How Fun! We are trying to get that Disneyland trip service project thing planned, too! Happy Birthday to beautiful Minnie!

Julie said...

Hope you have a great trip! I'm jealous... Can't believe Minnie is 1 already.