Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween is Long Gone

We had our first "real" Halloween this weekend. By "real" I mean Anderson actually knew what was going on, actually went trick or treating without freaking out after 1 house, and actually came home with a bowl full of candy which we are making our self sick with. Minnie was good old Minnie Mouse of course. I made her dress with a pattern I had and figured she could wear it to church also. The ears are felt I sewed together and glued to the bow. Then I attached it to an aligator clip. Not bad for $5.

Anderson was a train engineer. Right after I had Minnie, Tim and his dad took Anderson to the train park where Tim's dad got him this hat. We got some overalls at Savers for $3 and had a bandana laying around. He looked perfect!
Minnie was really good. We went trick or treating with my nieces and nephews in my sister's neighborhood. By the end, we had Anderson in my sister's double stroller with my niece and strolled right up to the doors, where him and Leah would grab their pumpkin and head to the door.
No my dad was not a pirate! A month or two ago his retina detached from his eye, so his had to have surgery and is recovering. He is slowly getting some sight back, but not being able to see out of that eye was making him have headaches so they taped his lens.

These are the Coombs cousins! They are so good with Andy and Minnie and my kids love to play with them! Anderson is in heaven when they are playing together.






4 comments:

Brandi said...

They both look adorable!

Laura said...

Halloween is so much fun when they get it. I'm glad you all had a good time.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I LOVE Minnie's Dress! You are so good at sewing.