Monday, October 6, 2008

Finally Home

We are home from being gone for almost 2 weeks. We went to Charlotte, NC to visit 2 of Tim's brothers, and then the day after we got home, I went to my Grandma's cabin with my sisters. I'm wasted! My Grandpa told me that he can't see me gaining much weight if I have to keep chasing Anderson around. Hopefully that is true. This is us at this place where you can walk through some Revolutionary War homes, including the house that was in the movie The Patriot with Mel Gibson. They were really cool and they still had workers gardening and knitting on the porches and stuff.
We drove a couple of hours to go to Asheville and take a tour of the Biltmore. This is the largest private residence ever. The square footage inside is the same as the square footage of 4 acres. It was huge and really nice inside. It was owned by the Vanderbilt family and they had a railroad built up to the front door so they could be dropped off there. This was one of my favorite things we did.
This is one of the gardens by the Biltmore. The green house is behind us and is huge and full of every flower and plant you could imagine. It was so pretty. When we went, it was constantly raining or drizzling so we didn't get to walk around the gardens as much.
Other than that, we hung out with family. These are a couple of Anderson's cousins. He loved them and they were so good with him. I think he got watched almost once a day so us adults could go do something fun. We really appreciated that!! His cousins informed me that if you give him his blanket, he stops crying...at least they figured that out. That's better than me.
This is the Anderson in the backyard of Tim's brother's house. It's so nice and the weather was nice and cool. He would wake up and go straight to the sliding door to play outside or to find the dog. Poor dog would get mauled all of the time.
He was much better than I expected on the way up there. There is 2 flights and both got delayed at least 1 hour, sometimes an hour and a half. On the second flight, we sat at the terminal for a good 45 minutes before we moved. One of the engine's that control's the air conditioning was not on and it was 84 degrees and kept climbing. Anderson's head was completely soaked by the time it came back on. I even turned around and saw a guy a few rows back with his shirt off. Yes, full on naked chest and gold chain. I told Tim at least he was skinny. He eventually put it back on. On the way home, we almost put Anderson in the above luggage storage. He was miserable! But we made it and hopefully he can get back on schedule.

6 comments:

brooksybabe said...

How fun!! I am so jealous.

Nuestra Familia said...

What a fun trip, it's so beautiful there. sorry about the airplane at least it was entertaining with the naked guy. I like your haircut!

Anonymous said...

ummm, I want to live at the Biltmore!!! That estate is amazing!!

welcome home!!! let's for sure get together for lunch. find out what works for you and Marci and email me:)

Anonymous said...

My new goal is to live in the Biltmore someday.

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

What a fun trip!! How nice to have a babysitter so much to get away and do something fun!!

The Tate's said...

It always sounds like you guys have such a fun time in North Carolina. IT is so pretty!!! By the way Anderson is seriously getting so big I cant believe it. Hope you are feeling well!!