Saturday, August 30, 2008

Anyone else had this??

So, this week I developed a new symptom of being pregnant. With Anderson, I was sick pretty much the first 7 months, throwing up everyday and all of the time. This includes in the car, in my hand, in plastic bags, anywhere really. Luckily, this time brings a lot less throwing up but still nausea. This week though, I started to become really itchy. My legs and arms are covered with what looks like hives or a skin rash. Anyone who knows me knows I have no fingernails, so I get creative. Tim scratched my legs but that wasn't enough. I got the round brush and went to town, until my legs were bright red and on fire. My mom suggested taking a bath with oatmeal, and that was a bust (and gross). Anything that has a sharp edge, doubles as a scratcher. My doctor said I can take benadryl but that only helps for a bit and makes me completely wasted. Anyone else ever had this when pregnant?? It's lasted since Tuesday and today is SATURDAY! I don't think I can take it much longer. I woke up last night at 3:30 am with an itching attack and it did not turn out pretty. It's for the best I don't post any pictures.

10 comments:

Rich Angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rich Angie said...

I've heard of this...so weird! Sometimes it can indicate an allergic reaction to prenatals or a liver problem...you might wanna check with your doc. Otherwise, I'd try baking soda in the bath or ice packs. Good luck!

Nicole Wynn said...

What?!! I've never heard of such a thing, but I can only imagine the end of that battle. I for sure would probably break skin and end up a bleeding mess!:) My advice would have been the oatmeal bath, but that apparently was a bust. Sorry, no help here.

The Tate's said...

SO I had something similar but it was at the end of my pregnancy. The worst itching ever. I wish I would have had the round brush idea... sounds painful but might have over rode the itch. ANyways I used something called Caladryl it is over the counter and helped give some relief. Hope you are feeling better!!

Chantel said...

I had something like this with my pregnancy with Raeleigh. It started at like 18 weeks and lasted till the end of my pregnancy my dr. told me it was a thing called Pruritic Urticarial Papules and Plaques of Pregnancy - PUPPS for short. It was horrible cause the only thing they could give me was a topical steroid that only lasted like an hour. They told me to use caladryl and to take aveeno oatmeal baths but it only worked while rubbing it on or sitting in the bath. I'd definitely go to the dr to find out for sure.

The Tate's said...

Kami here is a web site I found that might help. They have lots of little things you could try to at least curb the itch http://www.tcinternet.net/users/kritzerburke/naomi/PUPPP.htm

brooksybabe said...

That is the wierdest and the funniest thing I have ever heard. Sorry about that.

Pepper Lovin! said...

ok I get itchy legs when I shave and I have done all of the above ideas. (oatmeal is suppose to be put in a pantyhoes and then put in the tub.) But I wear REALLY long socks like soccer or snowboard socks and buy gold bond powder and lotion(2 different things) put the lotion on then the socks then dump powder down the socks. For some reason having the socks on season to work the best. I think I would rather have that than be as sick as I am right now!

Sarah W. said...

I have never in my life heard of that. We need to take you to the salon and get you some nails. That way you can rip your skin up. I think that pregnancies are there to make you miserable in one way or another. If you aren't throwing up, you are covered in Hives. If you don't have constant heartburn, you are constipated. Ugghhh!!!

benandchayfuller said...

I know a couple people that have gotten that and it was PUPPS which isn't all that common but occurs with a lot of pregnant women. I have no idea how they cured it though. Sorry :)