Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Wasted

The last 2 1/2 weeks have been crazy and I am officially wasted. It's not like we've had enough excitement in the Vanderwalker home, but last Thursday I took Minnie to the doctor for her 2 week appointment, and the doctor noticed she was breathing a lot harder than usual. He had me stick around for a while to see if it would slow down. Long story short, it didn't and we drove to the other office to check her oxygen levels. After watching her for a few hours, he called a doctor at the Hospital and she said to bring her in for some tests to make sure if wasn't an infection or something with her heart causing her to breath faster. We went to the NICU (to bypass the Emergency Room, that way she wouldn't be exposed to getting sick). The did a ton of tests and after a day and a half there, we got to come home. She doesn't have an infection and everything looks good. There is a few places with her heart that should be fine when she gets older but we do have to take her to the cardiologist when she is 3 months old. Add this to the usual sleepless nights and it makes for one wasted and tired mom. Poor Andy has been passed around a lot lately. It is so great to have plenty of cousins for him to play with and family to help. I don't know how we would do it any other way. I'm so glad everything is ok and they are both healthy!




Hopefully a nap will be in the future...near future. On a happy note, Minnie's first friend was born late last night. Marci had London yesterday. We couldn't have planned it better...2 girls 2 1/2 weeks apart. I can't wait to see them together.

10 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh man Kami! Sorry you had to do the whole hospital thing already. I sure hope she keeps growing strong. I have heard of 3 people in Az who's kids have RSV right now...so keep that little girlie home!
I am so glad you have your family to help. See, that is why you moved to Mesa.
Yea, I am glad to hear everything went good with Marci. I keep checking to see if she posted anything.
Good luck with everything...I wish I was there to help!

BandHGardner said...

What a beautiful baby. I hope everything works out well.

The Varo's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole Wynn said...

Your baby Minnie is Gorgeous! I'm so sorry I'm a poopy friend and haven't even come to visit yet! Next week here I come! I'm glad to hear she is doing better. I remember Isabella got RSV and that was pretty scary. I will be calling you :)

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. I hate when kids are so little and sick. Well I don't like when they're big and sick either but you know what I mean. At least she is gorgeous!

tyandlinds said...

i will act as chelsea... what do you need? i am here.

benandchayfuller said...

She is so adorable. I'm glad everything is ok! I still have something for her and I will try to mail it out tomorrow :)

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Sorry it's been a rough couple weeks!! Hope you are healing well!! Glad you have lots of help. It's so nice. My mom stayed for two weeks which was nice since I couldn't pick up Cooper for anything. take care. congrats again

{nicole coombs} said...

She is so cute Kami!

Michael and Lindsey said...

Lindsey Bowen here. Kami, I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog again. I meant to ask you the other night why you had Minnie in the NICU. I'm glad everything's okay with her. Oh, and I need to send you an invitation to my blog.