Saturday, February 7, 2009

Baby Minnie is here

Minnie Lucille Vanderwalker
Feb. 5, 2009
8 pounds (yes 8) 1 ounce
20 inches
Anderson is still completely clueless, but at least he is kissing her before sitting on her (which he did to my baby niece while Kaci was watching him).


This time the c-section was scheduled and so my mom was able to come in. This is her and Tim before we headed to the operating room. Everything went well with the surgery. Because of the reflection from the light above me, I pretty much watched the whole thing pretty clearly. It took me a few times to remember that it was me they were doing that too. It was pretty crazy.

As soon as they took the baby out, Tim and I kind of looked at each other in shock. The picture below us is Anderson as a newborn. With him I gained 40 pounds and he was a week early and weighed 6 pounds 9 ounces. With Minnie, I gained 32 pounds, had her 10 days early and she weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce. As you can see, they pretty much look NOTHING alike. So it took us a while to realize that Minnie was ours, and we are still trying to figure out where she came from! She is definately a Coombs baby, and has more hair than Tim does probably. Anyway, things are great and we are doing fine. Thanks for all the calls and comments and support.






24 comments:

Erin said...

I love all that hair! I can't believe she was 8 lbs. Not quite what you were expecting. Congratulations! She is beautiful.

Arnett's said...

Yay! I am glad the c-section went well. I cant believe you watched it!! Let us know if you need anything. Do you have dinners lined up?

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Yeah congrats!! I am so excited for you!! She is adorable!! Hope you recover quickly!!

Rich Angie said...

She's so pretty, congrats!!

Nikki said...

Kami, she is gorgeous! What a sweetie. I can't wait to see her.

The Varo's said...

She's beautiful Kami! I love all her hair!

Anonymous said...

How crazy that you saw your own surgery! Well you are a trooper and now you have an adorable girl with tons of hair:) Can't wait to meet her!!!! I can't believe you are already bloggin:)

Chelsea said...

I can't believe how different they look from each other! And holy moly 8lbs!!! Where did that come from?! What a blessing you had a c-section! :)
I just love all her hair!!! And I was laughing so hard that Anderson sat on Kaci's baby. Carter used to lay right on top of Cash. I'm shocked we all survived those baby days!

BandHGardner said...

Look at those cheeks! Darling.

Congrats!

Pepper Lovin! said...

she is soo cute! I know your not all about bows and stuff but it would sure look cute in her hair! so fun. my countdown is on

Amy, Dan and Ryan said...

She is absolutely ADORABLE! She already looks so grown up to me, too. I think it's the long hair. So cute!

tyandlinds said...

she looks so sweet. i can't wait to see her :)

The Tate's said...

So cute!! I love the picture of Anderson kissing little Minnie. So the story of Anderson sitting on Kaci's baby reminds me of a time when Adam almost sat on Chantel's baby...I guess she had his spot on the couch. I am so glad everything went well!! I know I am not that helpful where I am at but let me know if you need anything.

Unknown said...

Oh My GOODNESS!! ! She is BEAUTIFUL! Congrats!

Nicole Wynn said...

Congrats! She is absolutely beautiful! I think she has more hair than Isabella did and she's part mexican1:) Super cute!! Can't wait to come see her! See ya soon.

benandchayfuller said...

She is absolutely adorable. I love all the hair :) Way cute picture of Anderson kissing her. I'm glad you had a c-section with an 8 pounder because it is no fun natural :) Congrats!

Johnson said...

She is beautiful Kami. I love all that hair. Congradulations! Can't wait to meet her.

Michael and Lindsey said...

What a cutie pie! Congratulations--I found your blog through Erin's. It's amazing how each baby is so different! By the way, thanks so much for dinner. Our kids LOVED it.

Anonymous said...

She is so beautiful! You are so lucky!

{nicole coombs} said...

Congrats she is soo Cute!!!

Trina said...

Oh man I love all that hair! What a beautiful baby! Congratulations

Ketner's said...

LOVE her hair!!!She is beautiful!

CDR said...

Congrats- she is so cute and I love her name.

Meggs said...

She is so adorable. I'm lovin her name. so cute. Way to go on the 8 pounder. Super cute.