Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby's Room

The baby's room is almost totally done. There is still a few things missing, but for the most part, we are ready. I have to brag a bit, that this entire room so far has only cost us $17. Not bad.

My mom had given me a twin sheet set a while ago which I used to make the bedding. I think it goes with the garden room theme, even though Tim thinks it's a bit "grandma-ish". The chandelier I've had forever and got it at Target for like $4 at least 3 years ago. I'm glad I kept it.
It pays to have a husband who is an engineer, and likes to help me with my stuff. This valence was here when we moved in so we just used it to make our own little awning. We were going to do a regular flower box but I had seen this kind in a magazine a long time ago and wanted to try it. My mom had all of the buckets and I already had the flowers. The most expensive thing was the brackets for the shelf. They were $9!


Now all we need is a baby, who won't even sleep in this room for a while...of course.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love her room...it is so darling. I think you are a fantastic interior decorator, BTW. Hope you are feeling well!

Rich Angie said...

so cute, you little show off!

Kristi said...

So cute! I love all the red. My favorite is the planter - so cool! BTW, nice to meet you (in person) the other day - I wish I could've stayed longer but the little guy really needed a nap!

The Tate's said...

Nice work Kami and Tim!! I can't believe you did all of that for $17....I am very impressed. I will be calling for some tips when I start on my babies room. You really do such a great job!!

Unknown said...

SOOO creative I love the flower box! Im jealous your almost done.

benandchayfuller said...

You have every right to brag! I am way impressed you did all that for $17!

Chelsea said...

Kami you never let me down with amazing projects! I love her room! I need you to come out here and help me with my house, seriously...

tyandlinds said...

her room looks so cute. sorry i had to leave early the other night. i hope you all had fun