Monday, June 9, 2008

I have decided that I pretty much am not going to listen/learn anything from church for a good 10-12 years until all of my kids are old enough to SIT STILL. I feel like I am wrestling Anderson all sacrament meeting. If I take him out, I go and sit on a chair at the end of the hall way to make him sit on my lap (so basically he screams for 10 minutes). Then I try again and head right back into sacrament meeting. I have tried practicing at home, I have tried snacks, toys, things that aren't toys that he would rather play with anyway. Yesterday I had a roll of tape in my primary bag and we even tried taping Anderson's mouth shut. Didn't work. I only have one kid and I already hate church with kids. The 2-5 pm time slot doesn't help either. I see the babies that just sit on their mom's lap and fall asleep and want to be held...seriously. One of the primary presidency came to my door to drop something off and said, "We are making a list of the kids who are going to come into nursery this year...". It took me a second to realize that included me because I actually have a kid (still something I forget). Then I had to pretend like I didn't know when he was going into nursery, like I had to calculate it (it's October 2nd and we've know since he was 5 months old). So, the countdown to October begins...I might make a paper chain.

12 comments:

CDR said...

Great idea about the chain. That is a horrible time slot. It really can make church long. I know, who are these kids that fall asleep on the Relief Society floor. I was never that lucky. But at least he is super cute.

Chelsea said...

I am still waiting for President Monson to announce my wonderful idea of "mom church". We go, get the sacrament, sing a song, get a 3 minute long little talk and then off we go. It would be way more productive then walking the halls. Good luck with your countdown. Be glad in a few months you get to get rid of him! I am soo lucky and get to be Cash's nursery leader. It's no spiritual learning for me anymore!

Arnett's said...

I am right there with you. Anthony is gone 3 Sundays in a row then there for 6. It blows. We have the same countdown to July. I tried the sitting on the lap thing... we are going to continue with that... Good luck.

benandchayfuller said...

Good luck! I can't wait to see you in a couple months. Actually I need to talk to you. Email me your number. For some reason I have your old house number and that's it.

The Tate's said...

I am totaly with you. Althought our count down to nursery is over now the count down to when he will stop screaming when we are not in there with him has begun. Seriously he is way more brave than Jeffry ever was so I thought he would be easy. but he is not a fan of Strangers aka the nursery teachers. We are seriuosly warn out after church is over. Adam threatend to go inactive for a while but decided it is probably best to stick it out.

Pepper Lovin! said...

UM can I just say I hear you LOUD and CLEAR. I have not sat through a complete sacrament in forever. We are down to one month as of tomorrow! yee haw. And nothing works for me either. I sit in the hall. I was at my hair appointment and the girl doing my hair said that her bishop just decided that they will no longer give the sacrament in the hallway. You have to be inside to receive! I was like well then I would not be going to sacrament for a very long long time. then.

Nicole Wynn said...

I love paper chains! The sad news, no matter where you are,(doctors office, hair appt, movie theater, the mall) they NEVER sit still. That age is tough. Yay for October!:) I will call you if we hang this week.

brooksybabe said...

I completely and utterly understand. I am considering putting Brooklyn in a Sunday day care. Do you think the church would approve of that?

Anonymous said...

I remember doing the hall thing with Lexi a lot. The good thing was they eventually put Matt and I in the nursery and we no longer had to do the hall thing. Lexi was able to go to nursery early because of it. It worked out great! Maybe you could ask if they need some extra help in the nursery area wink..wink. Also it is just a 6 months calling now.

Vanessa said...

Hey there! I still need to come by and see your place. It will have to be in july. Im in Israel right and june is crazy for me.

Angus Family said...

Don't worry, it will get better in a few years. Ha ha. I totally feel you tho. We have 3 kiddos and getting to church, let alone listenening in church is a task all on its own. We have church at 3P.M and getting to it ontime is hard. Sounds crazy, but it really is hard. Your kiddo is sure gettin big tho, and its hard to believe that my once tomboy friend is married and all gorwn up.

Trina said...

Just wait till he makes it up to the pulpit thing TWICE in the same meeting. Who's kid is that anyways?