Friday, February 1, 2008

Good Ideas


This is one of my favorite things in our new house. I stole the idea from my 2 sister-in-laws and I love it. This is my trash can. It's made of left over wood from my sister's house.


The piece on the left holds the trash bag in place. It fits over the trash can.

Then a lid goes on top, with a regular cabinet or drawer knob on top.

I love it because it is so big that I have to empty it only once a week, it hides the look of a trash can, and it looks nice. This is a picture of my dad's birthday present. He is turning 60 today and we got this idea from my cousin. She framed "100 reasons why we love Grandma" and gave it to her for Christmas. We did "60 things we love about Dad". The background is a red t-shirt we cut up and a Nike symbol we traced on cardstock. It is supposed to resemble a red nike t-shirt my mom had to throw out because my dad wore it so much. Each reason we just printed out on cardstock, cut in a strip, and glued it on. Then we just framed the whole thing. We like the way it turned out and it is a great gift idea for something like this.



11 comments:

The Varo's said...

I love your garbage bin! I noticed it the other day when I was looking at pictures of your kitchen. It's so much cuter than an ugly ol' can.

Chelsea said...

Love your trash can. A girl in our old ward had the same thing and I always adored it. Who knew so many people have a love for trash cans!!!

Happy birthday Melt Down!! What a cute idea for him. I will have to remember that one!

Nicole Wynn said...

Cute trash can, however Doug saw it and said it reminded him of an urn? Not sure, but pretty funny. I really like the b-day gift, I will have to use that one sometime.

Marci Coombs said...

So cute! Love the picture frame...very clever!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks really nice. Glad to hear you guys are getting settled in.

Arnett's said...

Okay I love your garbage can!? Um I want Anthony to make me one. Also I love your house. It is so homy already. Where did you move to? Anthony wants to know so he can stalk you.

Unknown said...

IT must be nice married to a handy man. I used to bring my hunny-do-list to my neighbor but they moved. Maybe I had too long of a list??? I love it, I wish I had one. Cute house pics by the way.

Trina said...

Cute house! It is so much work trying to make over a house but so much fun! I looks good!

benandchayfuller said...

I love that trash can. What a great idea! So i'm coming out there 2 weeks today. I was going to see if you and marci want to go eat that night. Let me know. I finally have my blog up and running!

Sarah W. said...

I think each time I get on your blog you have a different template. I love all of them. I can't make mine cute...I just suffer with boring white background. I love the garbage can and we would fill that bad boy up in minutes!!!

Hilarry said...

Kamalama!

Can Tim make me one too, please? So cute!

So Chay left a comment on my blog but her blog is invite only (ooh la la!) and I don;t have her email. Do you know how to reach her?