Monday, February 18, 2008

Back from LA

We got back from our girls trip late last night. It was really fun. On Saturday night, we went to see Wicked at a theater on Hollywood Blvd. I had not listened to the music and didn't know much about it before hand, but I was surprised how that didn't matter. I really liked it a lot. It was easy to follow what was going on (I'm used to confusing ones like Les Mis which I would have no idea what is going on if I didn't know the story). I liked the story and it was very funny too. I guess I need to get the cd now.




This is where we spent the rest of our time. This is called Santee Alley and it's by the Fashion District in LA. We spent hours shopping for random do dads and fabric for my curtains. They have everything from fake Coach purses, to mini turtles for sale. It was all so cheap and sooo much stuff. It was fun! Doesn't it look beautiful??




6 comments:

Hilarry said...

The garment district is the best!!!! Katie introduced me years ago and it was love at first sight! The last time we were there a couple months ago an inspector was hanging around so it was a total bustl

Chelsea said...

How fun!!! I would love to see Wicked. Have I repeated myself enough on that one?! :) The shopping place does look quite classy! But how fun to get good cheap stuff!! You know I am all about a good cheap deal!

Nicole Wynn said...

Hey we just got back from Cali too! I'm so jealous that you got to go check out Santee Alley. I heard they have great stuff for all the beads and findings that I could use for my jewelry. Doug and I will be taking a trip there for sure, even if it does look a little like downtown Chandler!

Brooke said...

How fun! I have heard Wicked is really good. My sister lives in new york and is always going to shows now, she likes to rub it in :)

Can't wait to see the curtains. . . I am hoping for some good inspiration from you!

CDR said...

I loved Wicked. I bought the cd from i-tunes and I kept playing it over for a like a week, it ended just in time for my husband, but if I ever want to sing along, I know where it is. So glad you had a fun trip.

Sarah W. said...

DEFYING GRAVITY!!!! I've never seen it, but I like that song a lot. PS did you bring a gun withe you when you went shopping?