Thursday, November 22, 2007

The Squirmiest Boy There Ever Was

I'm sure when you "veteran moms" read this you'll say, "Oh please! That is nothing. What a wimp," but I'm going to tell it anyway. The other night, I fed Anderson and then gave him a bath. He has recently figured out how to pull himself up on things, as long as he can get a good grip on them. So the entire bath time, I was pulling him off of the side of the tub, while he tried to turn around and dive into the water at the same time. Frustrating, but no big deal right. When I got him out of the tub, I took him to his room to put a diaper on him and get his pj's on. It took me 15 minutes and I still had a naked baby. He would cry, fight, turn over, jump away from me, and scream if I tried to hold him down. I sort of gave up and tried to put his diaper on backwards while on all fours, which I couldn't do either. I called Tim, to see where he was (because I was about to leave Anderson naked until Tim got home to pin him down) but he was too far from home to risk it. It took me 5 more minutes to get the diaper on. Then, the SNAP pj's were next. Ridiculous. Tim, being the engineer that he is, offered to build a changing table with arm (and possibly leg) straps to help me out. I'm seriously considering!

4 comments:

Nicole Wynn said...

Awesome! I have to say I lucked out and only have one of those kids that never wants to cooperate. At least you have an understanding husband who's thinking logically.

Sarah W. said...

Oh man, that is so hard. All my kids did that, I just would use my legs and pin them down like WWF. It probably was so mean, but what do you do when you are trying to clean up a dirty diaper and they are twisting and wiggling all over. Let me know if Tim comes up with some kind of inventions. For now, just use your legs. They hate it, but soon they will get the point.

The Tate's said...

LOve squirmy babies...both of mine were. Jack is probably the worst! He out powers me half the time. I need to work out just to be strong enough to change his diaper. I am so excited to see you guys!

Brooke said...

Haha! Sounds just like Ainsley right now! I don't do bedtime any more, Mike's job!