Friday, April 2, 2010

What are the odds?!


About six months ago, my dad went to the Eye doctor and they told him he had a detached retina and to go immediately to the hospital to get surgery to re-attach it. It was pretty bad and so after the surgery, for the next WEEK (I'm not kidding), my dad pretty much had to be facing the floor the entire time. He had to be parallel to the floor or his eye may have to have the retina re-done. This was him at Halloween with part of this glasses taped so he wouldn't be bothered by it. He couldn't go to work for along time...let's face it those BJHS Bulldogs need all the supervision they can get! Well, about a month ago my mom went in to the eye doctor and guess what...detached retina. Luckily, her's was not as bad as my dad's so she had to sit up for a few days instead of stare at the floor! Seriously what are the odds?! I don't know about this eye doctor they are going to (just kidding Tricia!) Between the two of the them, they have a pair of good eyes and can't drive at night until they can fully see...good grief. Tim and I were laughing because during our family prayers we were praying for lot's of eyes (Grandma, Grandpa and Nash:). Recovery is going well and hopefully they will be able to see soon (it's really hard to keep track of Anderson with 2 good eyes, let alone a pair of good ones between the two of you).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is crazy. You might want a second opinion, their doc seems a little sketchy!! Jared said the odds of that are one in a million(s). Maybe they should start playing the lottery!

Samantha and Tyrel Ross said...

Crazy! My brother in law had to do the same thing one time having to look down all the time.

Sarah W. said...

Maybe it's contagious like pink eye. I think your dad's ailments are rubbing off on your mom's. It is quite funny, but I am glad your mom's isn't as bad. Recipe club?