Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Long Days in the Mom Department...

Anderson woke up yesterday morning and came right into our bed before we got up and fell right back asleep, which almost NEVER happens. He slept late and woke up and asked for some medicine. I could tell he wasn't feeling good, but sometimes he asks for medicine when he is totally fine. That cherry tylenol must taste awesome. I gave him some just in case, he didn't eat much breakfast and layed around. Then he told me he was feeling good and seemed to be much better so I ventured to Target for some necessities. I put them in the stroller because I wasn't in the mood to not have them strapped down somewhere. I bought fruit snacks for Anderson and he didn't eat any. He started to look rough so I asked if he wanted to lay down in the stroller. I put the seat down, grabbed my stuff, headed for the check out and the next thing I know, a volcano of throw up was gushing out of him. It was all over him, his blanket, his shirt, the stroller, and everything. I put my stuff back on a shelf and tried my best to clean him up a little before we went home. Gross. I don't know what it is but once you have smelled the throw up smell once, you can't get rid of it! That is seriously like the second time he's ever thrown up. I feel like it's a form of potty training, trying to train them to throw up in the actual toilet. He was much better after that and felt fine the rest of the day...but still asked for medicine.
This one must have taken lessons from her brother. She climbs EVERYWHERE. On Sunday Tim was giving the kids a bath and we usually take Minnie out, put a diaper on her and stick her in her crib while we get Andy out. I was downstairs doing dishes and I hear a huge thud and Minnie freaking out. I run upstairs and she had climbed/fallen out of her crib and was hysterical and walking toward me. I couldn't find any sign of serious injury, and luckily we were still able to move her matress down another notch. She had gotten the blankets and pillow in her crib stacked and used that to step on. She climbs on the kitchen table a million times a day and into the TV cabinet too. When am I going to get one that just likes to relax?! Sometimes I don't mind if they are sick because then they sit still for a while. That's terrible.

3 comments:

tyandlinds said...

oh man, and no overtime pay ;)

amanda p. said...

heya!! I wish we were having a cinco de mayo party so we could hang out! I guess we could hang out anytime anyways! Maybe I'll start hitting up Target more often so we can meet up :) Random.. we were at Eden's singing group recital and saw Sam there. Well lets all go to dinner sometime. Jeff and Jenny should be having their baby in a few months. We should get together!!

Brandi said...

There's no denying active little ones are challenging.

I can remember sitting in Church and wondering what it would be like to have a child that would be content to just sit in their car seat for the Whole duration of church.

Poop and vomit can be trying days for sure. Hang in there.

Hope Andy is feeling better soon, its not fun being sick.