Saturday, April 2, 2011

Anderson's 4th Birthday!

Today Andy turned 4! I can't believe it. He's getting so old. We had "birthday donuts" (our little family tradition we started...when we lived a mile from Krispy Kremes). Then we got ready and went to the Memphis Zoo. We have been told to just get a membership so we can go whenever and I think it's totally worth it. We loved it. These are the tigers that we saw as soon as we got there. They had a lot of different animals that we don't have at the good old Phoenix zoo and it was nice weather and the kids were really good. This is the area that is like Yellowstone. Ivy was asleep in the stroller by the random lady who took our picture. They had timberwolves and bears and elk here. It was really cool. The kids love the zoo. We rode the train around the petting zoo area and saw polar bears for the first time. They are HUGE. We will definately be going back. Minnie and I rode the carousel and she kept asking to go see Minnie Mouse and Snow White. I guess we trained her well. I had to explain, for probably the 10th time, that Snow White and Minnie Mouse were far far away.




After the zoo we came and did cake and presents. Andy made out and got everything his little heart desired...except a pogo stick. Do they still have those? He's been asking for one and I have no idea where he even saw one. I did look at Target and didn't see one. Weird request, right?

He was so fired up all day and had so much fun. He's done so good here and for being used to playing with his cousins A LOT, he has adjusted well. We've made some good friends here that he loves to play with, and I'm so grateful for that. I signed him up for Pre-School and he is soo excited. Anderson is a handful at times, but is starting to grow up and is a good big brother to his sisters. I will always have ENDLESS stories of his shenanigans though!

2 comments:

Marci Coombs said...

Pogo Sticks! Yes! I just bought one for a birthday party that Grant and Carson went to. Wal-mart. They're under $20!

Joe and Laura said...

Kami, I miss you!!! I'm sorry I didn't get to say bye before you left :( Andy is 4 that's crazy. Congrats on your new baby, she's so cute. It's great that you're settled in. I'm so happy things are going good. BFN? I hope not. KIT, for reals.